POSTED ON: APRIL 4, 2021 - 8:35PM
Dear SPS Community-
I hope everyone had a joyful weekend! A few notes as we welcome everyone back to school five days a week! Whether fully in-person or remote, we look forward to each student having a great rest of the year.
Phase Two Info
- Many thanks to our administrators, teachers and staff for all of their hard work planning and preparing for Phase Two! As this is one of our bigger changes this year, there may be some bumps the first few days. Please be in touch with your building Principals and we’ll work out any issues.
- Traffic will be heavier and slower this week so please give yourself extra time in the mornings. Schools know not to mark students tardy the first few days of the week.
- Elementary drop off is still 8:25am. OMS/SHS is 7am.
- Bus routes are fairly similar, and postcards for new riders went out last week. If you need help, please reach out to your building office.
- Safety protocols are still very much in place. For current in-person learners and students who have let us know they are returning from Remote, a reminder to wear a mask each day, use available hand sanitizer often, and keep 3-6 feet from others throughout the day. Don't forget to keep students home and check in with your school nurse if they aren't feeling well.
Election Day Tuesday is a local election day with polling at each elementary school and OMS. We have arranged the sites to be safe and keep social distancing between our staff/students and the voting community. There will be a bit of extra traffic on Tuesday as well. Thank you for your patience.
MCAS. Some MCAS news we learned late last week.
- Grades 3-5 will be taking an abbreviated version of the test with possible at-home options for remote learners, beginning mid-May. OMS dates are to be determined.
- SHS 9th grade (science) and 10th grade (ELA/Math) testing is planned with dates to be determined. Juniors will not need to take MCAS this year and have an opportunity in the Fall. Seniors who haven’t passed yet may use course grades as a graduation requirement.
Building principals will send out more detailed information in the weeks to come.
Have a great week everyone! Can't wait to see you all!
Dr. Marcus, Superintendent