Dear Third Grader,
Here is a list of things we would like you to bring to school in September:
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING!!
- a backpack/bag to carry everything safely home
- a healthy snack & drink and a separate water bottle to sip throughout the day
- ear buds/head phones for our Chromebooks (durable-very important)
- 3 large glue sticks (to be replaced as needed)
- 3 family size boxes of tissues (to share with the class)
- 1 bottle of glue
- set of white board markers
- scissors, Fiskars are the best
- several highlighters (any color is ok)
- plenty of sharpened pencils
- colored pencils
- 2 clean socks (to be used as white board erasers)
- 1 covered, inexpensive, hand held, plastic pencil sharpener (or two); they work great!
- 2 rolls of scotch tape
- zippered pencil bag(s) (to keep you organized)
- a few pads of sticky notes (any shape, size, color is fine)
- solid yellow folder (Science Folder)
- solid blue folder (Social Studies Folder)
- solid red folder (Math Folder)
- solid green folder (ELA Folder)
- your choice folder (Writing Folder)
- 3 solid red 1-subject notebooks (for MATH) (Terms 1, 2, 3)
- 1 solid purple 1-subject notebook (for READING/ELA)
- 1 solid yellow 1-subject notebook (for SCIENCE)
- 1 solid blue 1-subject notebook (for HISTORY/SOCIAL STUDIES)
- 1 solid ANY COLOR notebook (for WRITING)
PLEASE label all folders and notebooks with name and subject.
We realize this is a lot to carry on the first day of school. If you feel like it would be easier, you may drop off supplies on Tuesday, September 3rd to the classroom. We will be in and out of the classroom due to meetings. If we are not there, please leave supplies on your desk. Please keep in mind the school will be closing at 2:30 pm.
Third grade is a wonderful year filled with new experiences and tons of educational fun!!
Enjoy the summer!! We’ll see you Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Mrs. Melissa M. Johnson ~room 12
Mrs. Catherine Wallace ~room 8
P.S. The summer time is the best time to get these supplies inexpensively. Keep your eye out for sales at Target, Walmart, Staples, …as we realize this can add up quickly. Generally you can get notebooks and folders for 10-25 cents in the summer. That’s a good deal. Throughout the school year you’ll notice it’s more expensive.