Dear Third Grader, June 2017
Here is a list of things we would like you to bring to school in September:
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING!!
- a backpack/bag to carry everything safely home
- a healthy snack & drink and a separate water bottle to sip throughout the day
- ear buds/head phones for our IPADS
- 3 large glue sticks (to be replaced as needed)
- 2 family size boxes of tissues (to share with the class)
- 1 bottle of glue
- set of white board markers
- colored pencils
- scissors, Fiskars are the best
- several highlighters (any color is ok)
- plenty of sharpened pencils
- 2 clean socks (to be used as white board erasers)
- 1 covered, inexpensive, hand held, plastic pencil sharpener (or two); they work great!
- 2 rolls of scotch tape
- zippered pencil bag(s) (to keep you organized)
- a few pads of sticky notes (any shape, size, color is fine)
- pens: black (drafting), blue (revising), red (editing), green (correcting)
- solid yellow folder (Science Folder)
- solid blue folder (Social Studies Folder)
- solid red folder (Math Folder)
- solid green folder (ELA Folder)
- your choice folder (Writing Folder)
- 1 solid red 1-subject notebooks (for MATH)
- 1 solid purple 1-subject notebook (for READING/ELA)
- 1 solid yellow 1-subject notebook (for SCIENCE)
- 1 solid blue 1-subject notebook (for HISTORY/SOCIAL STUDIES)
PLEASE label all folders and notebooks with name and subject. Please have supplies INSIDE the pencil box when sent to school.
We realize this is a lot to carry on the first day of school. If you feel like it would be easier, you may drop off supplies on Tuesday, September 5th to the classroom. We will be in and out of the classroom due to meetings. If we are not there, please leave supplies on your desk. Please keep in mind the school will be closing at 2:45 pm.
Third grade is a wonderful year filled with new experiences and tons of educational fun!!
Enjoy the summer!! We’ll see you Wednesday, September 6th, 2017.
Mrs. Melissa M. Johnson ~room 14
Mrs. Catherine Wallace ~room 13
P.S. The summer time is the best time to get these supplies inexpensively. Keep your eye out for sales at Target, Walmart, Staples, …as we realize this can add up quickly. Generally you can get notebooks and folders for 10-25 cents in the summer. That’s a good deal. Throughout the school year you’ll notice it’s more expensive.
- Paper towels
- Cleaning wipes
- Glue sticks
- Ziplock bags –all sizes
- Colored copy paper
- Cardstock (colored and white)
Thank you so very much.
“I am a teacher. The only profession where you steal materials from home and bring them into work.”